Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

TEACH FOR INDIA : ESSAY FOR FELLOWSHIP

Teach for India (TFI)  is a NGO that work for the education problems in India for the poor students. Here I am goin to share a format that will be helpful for the fellowship applicants.
In my college in 1st /2nd / 3rd year I involved in the blood donation camp organized by red cross Motihari or Bihar state blood bank etc…………………………………………………………...
Since the blood donation is a splendid social service of high order. I was repenting that I didn’t made any substantial contribution for the society, so I thought of involving in that blood donation camp. As we know the gift of blood is the gift of life. There is no substitute for human blood. More than  50000 blood donation are needed every day, but India is so far from these number of donation.
Initially, when I was thinking for blood donation many of my friends suggested me to not to do this. Because they were thinking that after donation severe problems will occur like weakness and anemia, some friends told that they don’t like needles also.  But because of my leadership quality or may be mind changing capability. I succeed to change their mind set. I made them believe that donating blood
could reduce the risk of heart disease and could stimulate the generation of red blood cells. Also I said, one donation can help save the lives of up to three people.
Finally when the blood donation drive was over the staff members informed that this time we received a lot of interest from the students. It was a successful donation camp.

Personally I felt very much happy that at first time I did a social service. My parents appreciated for this noble cause when I informed them about it. At last I awarded by a certificate of appreciation. 
TEACH FOR INDIA click to go to TFI website.

No comments:

Post a Comment